Let Chef Eric teach your budding Chef how to work in the Kitchen!
There will be a variety of chef students of all ages in these Classes. Students will be paired with chef students their own age! We’ve been called the BEST Cooking Camp in Los Angeles by parents and children for 15 Years! Come see why!!
INTERNSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE! Contact us for more information.
NOTE: Please feed your children before class as we won’t be eating until the end of class each day. Thank you! Please let us know if your child has ANY ALLERGIES!
NO REFUNDS – ONLY SCHOOL CREDIT – MUST GIVE ONE WEEK NOTICE TO CHANGE REGISTRATION / GET SCHOOL CREDIT – CREDIT GOOD FOR 1 YEAR
SUMMER COOKING-BAKING/PASTRY CAMPS
- Culinary Academy 1 – For young beginners AND students who want to learn the basics
- Culinary Academy 2 – For children who have some kitchen experience OR who have participated in Summer Cooking Camp
- Culinary Academy 3 – A more advanced Camp with International flair! For children who have kitchen experience OR who have participated in Summer Cooking Camp
- Culinary Academy 4 – Advanced Camp with more International Meals and Desserts!
- Baking/Pastry Camp – Our very popular Camp featuring only Baking and Pastry
A cooking camp may not be the first thing that comes to mind, but we believe it should be – and our cool classes can improve far more than your kid’s culinary prowess. Here’s how!
Math – Adjusting measurements, doubling recipes, and working with fractions are all integral to basic baking and cooking – and your kid won’t even realize they’re practicing math (which, let’s face it, is the best way to practice math).
Science – Especially through baking, your child will learn how different ingredients interact to create different results. If the timing or combination is off, the cupcakes will be too! Cooking is pretty much one big science experiment, but tastier.
Comprehension – Reading a recipe, understanding techniques like blending and folding, and following ordered step-by-step instructions are all important aspects of creating a proper final product. Throughout this process, kids improve their reading skills and strengthen their memories!
Communication – Life is all about playing well with others. Our camp provides prime opportunities for healthy socialization – whether kids are listening to instructions or borrowing extra flour from a new friend, they’re learning to productively connect and converse with fellow human beings.
Fine Motor Skills – Developing fine motor skills is a vital part of growing up, and a natural benefit of cooking at a young age. Kids will quickly sharpen their coordination through basic movements like mixing and measuring.
…And you just might get some home-cooked meals out of the deal, too!
|Mon – Thurs||August 20-23, 2018||2:00pm-4:30pm – SOLD OUT – WAIT LIST|
Each day will be fun-filled with activity as we introduce your children to our kitchen with safety procedures. Your children will return home with new skills and want to help in preparation of family meals.
- Monday-PIZZA and Sauces -Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza, Grilled Vegetables, Homemade Pesto Sauce, Homemade Tomato Sauce – We make the Dough from scratch and learn the science behind rising;
- Tuesday-Desserts; Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Cookies; Spicy Chocolate Cakes; Popcorn Cakes with Chocolate Chips, Jimmies and Marshmallows; Lemon Custard Tarts; Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars; Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting;
- Wednesday- Pasta, Ravioli and Sauces – We make fresh Pasta Dough, Cheese Raviolis, Pasta with Olive Oil and House Dried Herbs, Bechamel Sauce, Marinara Sauce, Creamy Alfredo Sauce – this class is a favorite;
- Thursday- Breakfast Buffet– Easy Cheesy Omelet – each child makes their own omelet, Oven-Baked Crispy Turkey and Pork Bacons, Challah Bread French Toast with Vanilla Bean and Maple Syrup, Snowy Pancakes with Powdered Sugar, Deep Dish French Toast with Cream Cheese and Raisins, Chocolate Chip French Toast with Strawberry Sauce, Baked Breakfast Potatoes with Onion…YUM!
Summer Cooking Camp Fun for your kids as they accomplish the Basics and are hungry to learn more! Register Here
|Mon – Thurs||
August 6-9, 2018
|2:00pm-4:30pm – 5 Seats Left|
If your children are a little older or have participated in Summer Cooking Camp, this is the next Academy for them! Each week the menu will be as follows:
- Mondays-Cookie Festival Sugar Cookies, Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies, Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Cranberry-Orange Cookies, Giant Ginger Snap Cookies, Lemon Rolled Cookies, Flourless Chocolate Cookies;
- Tuesdays-Gourmet Sandwiches with Homemade Breads Grilled Chicken and Rosemary on Ciabatta Bread, Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Grilled Tenderloin Sandwiches Wrapped in Naan Bread, Fresh Grilled Tuna Salad with Mayonnaise on Pita Bread, Spiced Skirt Steak Sandwiches Wrapped in Tortillas with Avocado and Sour Cream, Grilled Foccaccia Bread Vegetarian Sandwiches;
- Wednesdays-Healthy and Delicious Snacks– Mushroom-Cheese Pitas, Tofu Veggie Cakes with Roasted Corn Salsa and Asian Vinaigrette, Fruity Kabobs with Marshmallows, Apples with Sweet Yogurt Dip, Homemade Baked Pretzels-sweet and savory, Homemade Hummus with Pita Bread Triangles, Spinach, Red Onion and Cheese Quesadillas, Classic Guacamole with Plum Tomatoes, Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Fries;
- Thursdays-Easy Meals with Desserts – Portobello Mushrooms with Leeks and Spinach, Teriyaki Beef and Vegetables With Rice Noodles, Grilled Halibut with Bacon and Red Onion Relish, Barbequed Chicken and Apple Kebabs, Vegetable Burritos with Brown Rice, Grilled Corn on the Cob with Herb Butter, Mini Apple Pies, Strawberry/Blueberry Shortcakes with Whipped Cream, Tofu Chocolate Mousse, Meringue Nests with Chocolate Filling, Tropical Filling, Strawberry Filling.
|Mon – Thurs||
Aug 13-16, 2018
|2:00pm-4:30pm – 5 Seats Left|
For kids who love being in the kitchen and parents who love to eat their creations! Full International meals, adding baking of desserts encompass this more advanced series. For those who have taken Summer Cooking Camps, are older, or have kitchen experience.
- Mondays – Italian Cuisine – Gnocchi di Semolina Gratinati, Creamy Alfredo Sauce, Potato Gnocchi, Homemade Pesto Sauce, Chicken Cacciatore, Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary, Chocolate Torte Caprese;
- Tuesdays – Mexican Buffet– Spicy Ground Beef with Homemade Chipotle Sauce, Spicy Garlic Cilantro Chicken, Arroz a la Mexicana, Spicy Frijoles Refritos, Classic Guacamole with Plum Tomatoes, Corn and Flour Tortillas, Cinnamon Sugar Churros, Cinnamon Lace Cookies;
- Wednesdays – Asian Cuisine – Asian RICE Noodles with Sesame Sauce, TOFU Vegetable Fried Rice, Lemon Chicken, Orange Chicken, Snow Peas and Fresh Ginger, Traditional Cookies;
- Thursdays –All American BBQ and Desserts – ‘James Beard-Style’ Hamburger Sliders, Grilled Chicken with Homemade Deep South BBQ Sauce, Oven-Baked French Fries, Homemade Tomato Ketchup, Traditional Potato Salad, Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.
|Mon – Thurs||
Aug 13-16, 2018
|9:30am-12:00pm – 7 Seats Left|
This camp is for olderWe’ve added delicious ADVANCED dishes, fantastic grilling recipes, and International Cuisine exploration, as well as incorporating Baking and Desserts. Watch your kids create menus for you and your family at home with these great classes.
- Mondays – Menus for Healthy Dining– Pizza-Topped Portobello Mushrooms, Grilled Chicken Breasts with Romesco Sauce, Tofu and Peppers with Spicy Sauce, Basmati Rice with Onion, Carrot, Garlic and Ginger, Chicken Breasts with Mixed Vegetables, Spinach and Goat Cheese Frittata, Chickpea Soup, Citrus Soufflé;
- Tuesdays – Worldly Travels – Tex-Mex-Style Tamale Pie, Thai-Style Hot and Sour Soup with Beef, Thai-Style Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk, Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Prosciutto, Spinach and Boursin Cheese, Spanish-Style Vegetable Paella, Jamaican-Style Creamy Yam Bisque, Cherry and Apricot Clafloutis;
- Wednesdays –International Cuisines– Miso and Orange Marmalade-Glazed Chicken, Spanish-Style Sautéed Pasta with Shrimp, Escalivada (Spanish Peppers, Eggplant and Onion), Pilaf-Style Rice, Thai-Style Eggplant and Long Beans, Thai Eggplant and Baby Carrots in Herb Sauce, Spicy Chicken Noodle Salad, Moroccan Chicken, Torte Caprese with Chantilly Cream;
- Thursdays – Hearty Grilling and Desserts– Oven-Roasted Vegetable-Stuffed Flank Steak, Grilled Shrimp with Asian Dipping Sauce, Traditional Steamed Rice, Grilled Strip Loin Steak with Red Wine Sauce and Kalamata Olive Tapenade, Honey-Mustard Baby Carrots, Roasted Vegetable Kabobs with Greek-Style Marinade, Multi-Color Potatoes with Pesto and Parmesan Cheese, Warm Chocolate Cake with Homemade Berry Sauce.
|Mon – Thurs||
Aug 20-23, 2018
|9:30am-12:00pm – SOLD OUT – WAIT LIST|
By popular demand, we’ve added a new Camp only for Baking and Pastry Camp! Come join in the fun and enjoy delicious desserts and baked goods loved by us all.
- Mondays – Chocolate Chip Shortbread Bars, Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce, Apple and Apricot Tarts, Chocolate-Dipped Pretzel Cookies, Spritz-Ring Piped Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Tuesdays – Profiteroles with Crème Chantilly, Individual Chocolate Glazed Buttermilk Bundt Cakes, Cornmeal-Crusted Apple Cakes, Congoloa’s (Coconut Macaroons), Fudge Genoise Cake
- Wednesdays – Wheat Crepes filled with Homemade Pastry Cream, Chocolate Soufflés with Homemade Crème Anglaise – Vanilla Sauce, Apple Tarte Tatin with Phyllo Dough Crust, Maple Pot de Crème; Coconut Pot de Crème, Mint Pot de Crème
- Thursdays – Cinnamon Sticky Buns with Raisins and Caramel Glaze, Sweet Irish Soda Bread, Traditional Scones with Homemade Orange Butter, Cornbread Biscuits with Cheddar Cheese.