SUMMER GRILLING TIPS
We hope you enjoy our Summer Grilling Tips: How to Grill Steak and Chicken like a Pro Blog. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated AND check out our YOUTUBE Channel for other cooking ideas Chef Eric’s YouTube Channel.
Summer always ends with good memories. It is the perfect time for BBQs, friends, and endless happiness. Our favorite season is almost here – the perfect time to fire up that grill. Thinking about hosting a good barbecue in a fast and easy way for your friends and family? You’ve come to the right place, as Chef Eric gives you his awesome tips on Summer Grilling. Learn How to Grill Steak and Chicken like a Pro! Keep in mind that many times the best dishes come from the simplest condiments and preparations.
Chef Eric hopes to share his experience not only with his great students who have the pleasure of working with him in person but with everyone in the world, who reads his blogs and watches his Youtube videos.
Make the best of your summer with Chef Eric’s amazing tips.
TIPS TO GRILLING THE PERFECT STEAK:
One of Chef Eric´s personal favorites is the New York Strip, which he recommends for its exquisite firm texture. Chef Eric suggests using a charcoal grill with a combination of charcoal and mesquite for delicious flavor, and heating it until the coals are covered in white ash, about 20 minutes.
What to do next?
- Salt and pepper on both sides of the steak. You should do this step only when you are ready to cook. Why? If you let the steak sit for 20 minutes or more before cooking it, the salt dries the moisture out of the steak.
- Each side of the steak should be on the grill for about 3, maybe even 4 minutes, resist the temptation to move it around or check it .
- NEVER use a fork, as you will create holes where the juices will come out, always use a pair of tongs to flip the steak. Start checking for the desired doneness after 6-8 minutes.
- Once you remove the steak from the grill, do not slice it right away, you want to let it sit for at least 1-2 minutes.
Watch Chef Eric’s Youtube Video to learn more – here he shows how to grill indoors with a cast iron pan:
Who likes chicken?
TIPS TO GRILLING THE PERFECT CHICKEN:
Chef Eric recommends boneless and skinless chicken. Chicken breasts that you buy in the grocery store will achieve the task! Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes at room temperature. If you plan ahead, leave it in the refrigerator overnight, cover it with a plastic wrap, and it will be ready for the next day.
You can use different marinades to give flavor and aroma to the chicken. For inspiration, go to my youtube channel!
The next day transfer the chicken to a clean plate and preheat the grill – the same way as with the steak.
- Each side of the chicken should be on the grill for about 2, maybe even 3 minutes, resist the urge to move it around, and you’ll let those really lovely grill marks develop.
- Touch the chicken to know that it is ready, it must feel firm and elastic when you press it, otherwise, you can opt for a temperature probe around one hundred and fifty-five degrees of internal temperature and it should be ready to plate.
- To finish the dish, take it off the grill and let it sit on a plate for a couple of moments before serving.
To learn more, make sure you watch this video where he shows how to grill indoors with a cast iron pan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uee-pS1dfMc
To finish, you can accompany both the steak and the grilled chicken breasts with Chef Eric’s sizzling oven roasted potatoes.
We hope you have learned important tips to grill steak and chicken like a pro!
“People can drive a great deal from the art of cooking. The ultimate reward for me seeing the sense of confidence and pure joy that my students experience when they master the life skill of cooking through my instruction, and to help other chefs follow in my footsteps and create their businesses and careers” -Chef Eric
For more tips, you can visit Chef Eric’s culinary classroom!