Interested in baking some new goodies for the holiday season? This is the right spot for you! There are few things in the world that friends and family enjoy more than fresh warm cookies on Thanksgiving or Christmas afternoon. These will be a hit at any holiday party you attend in the next few weeks.
For you convenience, I have provided a link from Amazon for any missing gadgets or equipment in the kitchen to make these treats.
Frosted Pumpkin Cookies Yield: 36 Cookies
- Flour, A.P. 2 ¼ cups
- Pumpkin pie spice 1 ½ teaspoons
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter, softened 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Pumpkin Puree 1-15 ounce can
- Eggs, large 2 each
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Chocolate chips – semi-sweet 4 c/2-12 oz pkgs
- Walnuts, chopped 1 cup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease and set aside.
2. Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Beat the butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
6. Drizzle or spread with Vanilla Glaze.
1. Combine 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well and drizzle on the cookies.
Follow me for more delicious recipes!