Looking to impress your guests this Thanksgiving and Christmas with a new treat? I’ve got the perfect item just for you! This is a recipe from my heavenly cupcakes baking class and are my favorite thing to bake during the holiday season. I’d love for you all to give it a try. Your friends and family will really have the holiday cheer after eating a few of these!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes: Yield: 12 Cupcakes
- Carrots, peeled and finely shredded 2 cups
- Lemon juice 1/4 cup
- Sifted whole wheat flour 1 cup
- Sifted cake flour 1 cup
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Eggs 2 each
- Butter, melted 10 Tablespoons
- Honey 3/4 cup
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 Cupcake cups with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, combine the carrots and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs, melted butter, honey and carrot mixture. Beat with a wooden spoon until well mixed, about 1 minute.
4. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the batter into the cupcake pans, filling them about 2/3 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. When a cake tester comes out with 1-2 crumbs sticking to it, the cakes are done.
5. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove it from the pan onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 pound Confectioners’ Sugar, sifted
- 4 cups Butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 cup Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1. Mix cream cheese with butter until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice. Slowly add the sugar and blend until light and fluffy.
2. Fill and ice cupcakes as desired. Pecans can be added to top of cupcakes for decoration. Use a piping bag with a round #8 tip to create fluffy cupcake tops!
Follow me for more delicious recipes!www.culinaryclassroom.com www.facebook.com/chefericsculinaryclassroom www.twitter.com/chefericcrowley http://instagram.com/ChefEricsCulinaryClassroom http://www.linkedin.com/company/chef-eric’s-culinary-classroom