Learn to be a chef online: FAST AND HEALTHY FOOD!
Now is the time to learn to be a chef online! Fast food has been an answer to our hunger needs in our daily eating routine for many years. This is due to our busy schedules, personal obligations, and family affairs, which leave us very little time to prepare a healthy meal.
The United States ranks first with the highest rate of obesity in the world, not a very encouraging figure that is affecting people of all ages. This is because many of us feel we don’t have the time and opt for non-healthy fast food options.
We should not define fast food as “bad” since there are several ways to make it a good, complete, healthy, and exquisite option for the palate. Let’s rethink Fast Food and opt for healthier choices!
Chef Eric will guide us with his advice on how to make fast food healthy and leave behind all types of myths.
1. Measure the Quantities:
Myth: “You need large portions to be fully satisfied.”
You actually DON’T need large portions to be fully satisfied. Measuring quantities at home is a great advantage because you have control of portioning foods, such as meats and carbohydrates in smaller sizes. Chef Eric’s advice, increase the portions of fruits and vegetables! You will be satisfied without feeling full and heavy. Also, use a Kitchen Food Scale – it is super easy and very precise!
2. Replace Unhealthy Ingredients with Healthy Ones:
Processed ingredients is what we currently get in supermarkets with compounds, like saturated fats that increase bad cholesterol, LDL. Additives and refined sugars are the most harmful and only provide additional calories. Chef Eric’s advice, replace these ingredients with fresher ones like legumes, fruits, and vegetables. These provide fiber, vitamins, minerals and other important components that will help you have a healthier body and mind. Olive Oil is a very good option for food preparation and it works amazing as a salad dressing. A great tip to flavor your meals is to use ingredients that aid digestion such as spices, garlic, and ginger.
3. Drink Water or Natural Drinks instead of Soda:
Up to 60% of the human adult body is water. We need water to survive! Choose the healthiest drink you can have – WATER! You can drink it as it is or add some fruits/juices to give it a twist with fresh flavors. This makes a fun and refreshing option with vitamins and minerals! Remember that good wine with moderate consumption can always complement your dishes. Chef Eric’s advice, try a natural tea that will help you improve digestion at the end of your meals!
4. Healthy Side Dishes:
There are several options to accompany the main dish. You can choose roasted or cooked foods that have lower fat content such as rice, corn, and steamed potatoes. Go with low-calorie dressings or olive oil for your salads. On the other hand, fruits can always compliment a good dish. Try some slices of grapefruit, green apple, orange or others of your preference. Blueberries and grapes with natural yogurt are a healthy option due to their antioxidant components. Learn new ways to make your side dishes -you can learn to be a chef online! Check out my NEW Video Cooking Series – from Knife Skills to full meals – includes instructions/recipes!
5. Food Prepared at Home:
You already know that cooking at home will improve your diet and help you maintain good eating habits. Chef Eric has courses available for you to learn to be a chef online! It is not necessary to spend hours in the kitchen. Chef Eric advises you on some simple, delicious, and very healthy fast food dishes below:
Crab Meat and Rice Bowl (20 minutes)
Ingredients for 4 servings:
• Imitation Crab Meat – 100 grams/4 ounces
• Long Grain Rice – 400 grams/11 ounces/1 ½ cups
• Green Peas – 50 grams/2 ounces/1/4 cup
• Pitted Green Olives – 100 grams
• (1) Carrot, grated
• (1/2) Red bell pepper, sliced thinly
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon
• Mineral Water – 800 milliliters (3 cups for the rice and 1 cup for the peas)
Rice: (Uses a pot)
In a medium pot, add water, and salt to taste and a little olive oil – bring to a boil.
Add rice, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until it is completely dry. Remove from heat.
Peas: (Cooking parallel to rice)
In a pot boil 1 cup mineral water.
Add a pinch of salt and cook the peas for 10 minutes or until tender.
Let it cool!
Add all ingredients to the bowl:
Cold Rice and Peas
Red Bell Peppers cut into juliennes or thin slices
Olives cut in half
Add Olive Oil and Ground Black Pepper to taste and ENJOY!
Chicken Bowl with Eggplant and Arugula Parmesan (20 minutes)
Ingredients for 4 servings:
• 4 Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
• 1 large Eggplant cut into thin slices
• 60 grams/2 ounces of Arugula/2 handfuls
• 50 grams/1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
• Grated Mozzarella Cheese/1/2 cup
• 1 cup of fresh Basil, chopped
• 1 small Red Onion, chopped finely
• 3 diced Tomatoes
• 2 Eggs
• 1 tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar
• 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
• 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
Method: Need several bowls and 2 skillets
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the eggplant slices for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Place the slices in a baking dish large enough to hold the chicken breasts.
2. In a small bowl, add half a cup of basil, tomato, onion, add vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir together. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
4. In a medium bowl, mix the parmesan with the panko bread crumbs and set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the 2 eggs with a tablespoon of water and set aside.
6. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Drip them in the egg, and then the Parmesan and panko mixture.
7. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet. Brown the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken and place on the eggplant slices in the baking dish.
8. Add mozzarella to the top of the chicken breasts and bake for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Mix the arugula with the tomato/onion mixture and serve on a plate with some of the chicken topped with more grated mozzarella. Garnish with the remaining basil!
We hope you enjoyed Chef Eric’s tips on Fast and Healthy Food as well as the recipes. Follow these tips, eat fast, and healthy. Visit our Youtube Channel and find lots of recipes to make at home. See you in the Kitchen!
Check out my NEW Video Cooking Series – Knife Skills to full meals/desserts – includes instructions/recipes!
Shop here for Chef Eric’s favorite equipment, cookware, gadgets and tools.