The Football season is coming to an end which means one thing: Super Bowl Sunday! Check out my segments on KTLA 5 Morning News for some delicious foodie Super Bowl recipes.
Spice-Rubbed Carne Asada Mini Tostados with Guacamole
Sour Cream, and Cilantro Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 pounds skirt or flank steak
- Juice from 2-3 limes
- 2 teaspoons Sizzle Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces sour cream – garnish
- 4 sprigs cilantro – garnish
- 2 tablespoons tomato, seeded and diced – garnish
- 36 mini corn tortillas, hard shell
- Lightly pound the steak, if necessary, to an even thickness. Squeeze lime juice over the steak. Season well with the Sizzle Spice Blend, salt and pepper. Let the steak marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature or under refrigeration if marinating longer.
- When ready to cook the meat, bring it to room temperature while heating a grill pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, grill the meat for 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Slice the steak against the grain, then dice the meat. Place the diced meat into a mini tortilla cup. Top with guacamole, garnish with sour cream, tomatoes and cilantro.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Sizzle Spice Blend
- 6 cilantro sprigs, chopped fine
- While the steak is marinating, make guacamole by dicing the avocado. Place the avocado pieces in a bowl and add enough lime juice to coat. Mix the avocado with a fork allowing the avocado to remain chunky. Season the guacamole with Sizzle Spice Blend, chopped cilantro, salt, pepper and the rest of the lime juice.
Red Wine, Rosemary and Garlic Marinated Grilled Beef Steak on Skewers
Yield: 4-6 Servings
NY Steak or Tenderloin, Cubed 2 pounds
Garlic Cloves, mashed 2 cloves
Salt 3/4 teaspoon
Sweet Paprika 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper 1/4 teaspoon
Red Wine 1 cup
Bay leaf 1 leaf
Fresh Rosemary and Thyme sprig 1 each
Olive Oil 2 Tablespoons
Cut the beef into 1 inch cubes. Thread onto skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes. Place the skewers onto a baking dish.
Rub the paprika, salt, garlic and pepper over the meat. Add the wine, bay leaf and herbs. Refrigerate the skewers for 2 hours.
Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan over high heat. Remove the skewers from the marinade.
Brush the meat with oil and grill until the surface is crispy and the inside is tender. Serve.